Wednesday 15th March 2017

Late news, 14/3, Sancreed: 9 Fieldfare. (D. Flumm)

Late news, 14/3, Drift Reservoir: 95 Sand Martin. (D. Flumm)

Helston Boating Lake: 1 Bonaparte’s Gull (3pm), 4+ Mediterranean Gull, 4 Shoveler

Porth Reservoir: 1 juv Iceland Gull, 12 Great Crested Grebe (1pr nest building), 5 Tufted Duck, 6 Coot, 1 Kingfisher, 1 Dipper, 1 Mandarin, 3 Common Gull, 3 Great Spotted Woodpecker ‘drumming’, 4 Goldcrest, 1 Chiffchaff and 3 Tawny Owl calling. (S Grose)

Drift Reservoir (members only): 2 Iceland Gull (adult & 1w following plough), 7 Great Crested Grebe, 1 Goldeneye, 1 Little Egret (D. Flumm, NR Phillips)

Sancreed: 5 Fieldfare, 1 Chiffchaff. (D. Flumm)

Pendeen: 1 Merlin. (D. Flumm)

Perransands: 2 m Wheatear. (P Fenn)

Lanner Green: 1 pr Bullfinch in garden. (R.Hampshire)

Gannel Estuary: 6 Cattle Egret at dusk. (S Grose)

River Camel, Wadebridge to Tregunna Bridge: 28 Mute Swan, 3 Canada Goose, 35 Shelduck, 8 Mallard, 35 Wigeon, 3 Teal, 1 Little Grebe, 5 Cormorant, 6 Little Egret, 3 Buzzard, 2 Moorhen, 50 Oystercatcher, 2 Ringed Plover, 30 Grey Plover, c.1000 Golden Plover, 10 Knot, 45 Dunlin, 1 Green Sandpiper, 35 Redshank, 8 Greenshank, 11 Black-tailed Godwit, 6 Bar-tailed Godwit, 40 Curlew, 45 Black-headed Gull, 150 Herring Gull, 2 Lesser Black-backed Gull, 30 Great Black-backed Gull, 18 Wood Pigeon, 2 Collared Dove, 1 Pied Wagtail, 2 Wren, 2 Dunnock, 5 Robin, 7 Blackbird, 1 Song Thrush, 1 Chiffchaff, 2 Great Tit, 6 Blue Tit, 3 Long-tailed Tit, 2 Magpie, 15 Jackdaw, 15 Rook, 30 Carrion Crow, 4 House Sparrow, 3 Chaffinch, 4 Greenfinch, 2 Bullfinch, 1 Reed Bunting. (M Scawen et al.)

Lizard Point: 35 Puffin, 1 Great Skua, 200+ Common Dolphin. (A Blunden, I Maclean, S Kolodzieski)

Old Lizard Head: 2 Wheatear, 1 Black Redstart. (A Blunden, I Maclean)

Porthleven: 1 Black Redstart. (I Maclean)

Goss Moor: 4 Goldfinch, 2 Chaffinch, 6 Blue Tit, 3 Long-tailed Tit, 5 Dunnock, 4 Blackbird, 2 Song Thrush, 1 Willow Tit (near sub station), male and female Sparrowhawk flying together, 3 Stonechat, 7 Robin, 3 Buzzard, 5 Magpie. (P Ash)

Wadebridge: 3 Redshank, 1 Cormorant, 2 Oystercatcher and 1 Greenfinch (H Wilkins)

St Agnes Head: 1 Short-eared Owl  flying at 16.20. (S Mickleburgh)

Sennen Cove: 2 Little Egret, Merlin.

College Reservoir: 1 1w m Scaup still.

Tehidy Country Park: 1 Yellow-browed Warbler still by cafe and 1 Cattle Egret.

Pendower: 112 divers including 1 Red-throated Diver (with 75% of the rest Black-throated Diver and c25% Great Northern Diver), 4 Slavonian Grebe and 6 Common Scoter. (DK Parker, R Wilkins & S Gay)

Rosevine: 1 Long-tailed Duck, 3 Slavonian Grebe, 21 distant divers and 4 Mediterranean Gull. (DK Parker, R Wilkins)

Long-tailed Duck, Dave Parker.

Long-tailed Duck, Dave Parker.

Millbrook: Barn owl rescued from neighbours chimney this afternoon and released. Bit sooty but otherwise ok. (B Taggart)

Barn Owl, Bruce Taggart

Barn Owl, Bruce Taggart

Porthgwarra: 2 Choughs on the cliffs by the old coastguard station. (R Butts)

Near Trewey Common:  3 Yellowhammer, (1 female) at 451361. (R Butts)

Hayle Estuary RSPB, Lelant Saltings: 1 ad Caspian Gull, flew off South at about 09:30. (R Butts)

Dozmary Pool: 1 Lesser Scaup, 2 Mute Swans & 2 Goldeneye still. (B Craven)

Colliford Reservoir: 1 Great Northern Diver still. (B Craven)

Croft Pascoe Pool (Goonhilly): 1 Swallow mid-morning. (M Silk, G Swan)

tdm

Comments are closed.