Honorary Treasurer Job Advert
Would you like an exciting role within Cornwall Birds (CBWPS) making a real difference to the monitoring and conservation of Cornwall’s precious bird life?
We are looking for someone with financial experience, who is confident and forward-thinking to help us to grow and improve our financial resilience and long-term stability. You do not have to have previous board/trustee experience, although that would be helpful. We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we aim to increase the diversity of our Board, but if you have a passion for Cornwall’s birds and wildlife that would be advantageous.
Key Roles of the Treasurer
- Manage the Society’s Current and Investment Accounts
- Make the required payments: –
i. in respect of licences granted to the Society,
ii. to suppliers of goods and services to the Society,
iii. to reimburse expenses properly incurred by members.
- Authorise expenditure and issue cheques
- Reconciliation of accounts as and when required.
- To raise invoices for sums as and when they become due the Society.
- To liaise with the Membership Officer to ensure payments are reconciled and managed.
- Preparation of draft accounts.
- Arrange for an independent examination of the Society’s Accounts.
- Review Membership Secretary’s Cash Account at Board of Trustees Meetings.
- To monitor the need for insurances and ensure they are appropriate for the Society.
This person would need to be organised, have good communication skills and some knowledge of bookkeeping and finances, and to attend three Trustee and Management meetings a year.
If you think that you can fulfil this role, have 3 or 4 spare hours a week and would like to find out more please contact Bruce Taggart at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01752 829163